Saturday, March 12, 2011

Mama Slowin' Down

My heart goes out to all the people of Japan, their families & friends, as well as to all the animals, who have been killed or injured in the latest earthquake & tsunami.  Another reminder of how powerful Mother Nature is & why we all need to respect this earth & fight for her preservation & help stop the destruction.

As for us, we're all doing great!  Andrew is back from tour, which he had a good time, and got his music out to the peoples.  The Pink Snowflakes also played 2 fun shows, 2 days in a row, right when they got back.  Had a blast dancing the night away to Morning Teleportation, who they opened for at the Doug Fir.  Lil roo has been moving around & dancing a bunch!  Feeling & seeing his movements is so neat.  We had a prenatal appt a couple days ago, and everything is good, all my levels are good, & my test results are negative for Gestational Diabetes.  The most exciting thing since being able to hear his heartbeat, is that Andy got to feel his head!  He said it was about the size of an orange.  Not to worry, our midwife said squeezing his head gently feels like a scalp massage for him.  Lil Roo is breached for now, which means hanging out upright in his home.  His head is right under my ribs, which explains the slight discomfort I've been feeling near my ribs.  My tummy is 30 inches, right on schedule for my 30 weeks.  In about 5 weeks we'll have our 1st ultrasound to make sure he's not breached still, & also have the opportunity to find out his gender, if we decide to.  But we've waited 7 months already, so whats another 2?  
As for mama here, the 3rd trimester has started to wear on me now.  I'm finding the days to feel shorter, as I'm tired by 5pm, but still manage to stay active till late into the evenings.  There's still so much to do! in addition to my already busy schedule.  I didn't think my schedule would be as packed as it is having been laid off/unemployed for 2 months now.  I'm trying to take advantage of this time before Lil Roo arrives & all my energy & attention goes to him.  This body of mine has been aching more, my ankles swollen, and its not as easy bending up & down, or going from sitting to standing.  Sleeping on my side hurts my hips from time to time, but using pillows has helped a lot.  As well as elevating my feet when I can, & taking calcium & magnesium supplements.  If only I could get massages on a regular basis like I used to.  I still think this pregnancy has been a breeze, despite a few complaints here & there.  
The Radical Cheerleaders for Animal Rights & I had an amazing turnout at our benefit for The Out to Pasture Farm Sanctuary & Ananda Animal Rescue & Sanctuary.  We raised about $350 for each farm, after the venue was paid, by selling arts & crafts, yummy vegan food & treats (made by each of us), as well as the 3 bands performing & movie viewing.  It was a success & the farms were very grateful for our contribution.  Our new cheer, I love animals ( in the tune of Joan Jett's I love rock n roll) was a hit!   We've all had the lyrics stuck in our heads for months now, its pretty catchy.  I'm very grateful that I was able to help organize & be at practice, staying active & a part of the squad still, for the past 7 months.  I was even able to go out to the farm with the squad for a work party the weekend before the benefit.  Shoveling/raking manure isn't that bad when you're hanging out with some fun peeps.  I've been apart of this group for over 6 years and I'm very proud of us & our commitment to the animals & those who help them.  
Also, I've been adding photos to the slideshow on the right hand side of the blog, so check them out. You can click on the photo itself & it will open it up so you can see them larger.    Also, I've taken off the setting that makes you unable to comment unless you have a blog, so please feel free to leave comments after my postings.  I'd love to hear from you!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment